Although exact causes of TMD are unknown, symptoms that frequently accompany TMD don’t go unnoticed. These symptoms include:
• Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw, neck, and shoulders and ear
• Jaws that get stuck or lock in the open/ closed position
• Clicking or popping in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth
• Tired feeling in the face
• And even headaches! Headaches can be incapacitating.
Did you know that it can take several doctors before one can find relief for a patient’s symptoms? Unfortunately, not all headaches are created equal and often times are misdiagnosed and go untreated. TMD sufferers often experience excruciating, debilitating, and chronic painful headaches that affect their normal day to day activities. Finding a specialist who treats TMJ is one of the most difficult challenges for sufferers.
Patients suffering from these symptoms can call the Lima Oral Sleep Center for an evaluation. Our front desk staff is happy to schedule a TMD consult with Dr. Shankland of the Lima Oral Sleep Center (located inside Lima Dental Associates). It could only take about an hour of time to change a lifetime of headaches.
Until next time,
Keep smiling, sharing, and caring!